Hi,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I second Sudhanwa's comments? Why the silence? If its bad news, let us all
> know!

Sharing a bad news (if it is there)  will help reduce stress. All of us can
then try to find some solution to it.
Moreover, there are many people like Ashwin, Arun, Arjuna, myself and many
more across the country who want to help out WMIN and take it further.
If nobody speaks up and tells us the current situation, their experience
and energies are not utilised at all.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

> [...]
> at the
> >> Wikipedia Asian Month drive with 42 articles and was honored as a
> Wikipedia
> >> Asian Ambassador. Baljeet says he feels proud to see his mother tongue
> grow
> >> on the internet and vows to contribute more for its growth.
> >>
> >> For more details, please visit -
> >>
> >> http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Featured_Wikimedian/Archive/2016
> >>

> >> NEWS
> >>

> >> 1. Scholarships for Wikimania 2016 have been announced. For more
> details,
> >> please visit -
> >>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS/Wikimania_scholars#2016_WMF_Wikimania_Scholarships
> >>

> >> 2. Katherine Maher (https://goo.gl/QwRJTa) takes over as the Intermin
> >> Executive Director of the Wikimedia Foundation effective 14 March 2016
> >> (after Lila Tretikov resigned in Feb 2016). Full announcement can be
> found
> >> at https://goo.gl/42NfC8 and https://goo.gl/uFhAzk
> >>

> >> 3. The Wikimedia Foundation Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program
> is
> >> accepting proposals from March 14th to April 12th for new ideas to
> improve
> >> Wikimedia projects (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG). Funds
> are
> >> available (up to $30,000 USD) to support individuals or teams of up to
> four
> >> people to implement promising ideas, whether focused on building a new
> tool
> >> or gadget, organizing a better process on your wiki, researching an
> >> important issue, or providing other support for community-building.
> Ideas
> >> from the current Inspire Campaign on content curation and review are
> very
> >> welcome. (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire)
> >>

> >> IN THE MEDIA
> >>

> >> 1. Ashutosh Desai & Savio DSouza (13 March 2016). "13 ways to make your
> >> Wikipedia experience better".The Times of India.
> >>

> >> 2. Prahari (30 March 2016). "Wikipedia – Is it ReallyIndependent?". The
> >> Times of India.
> >>

> >> 3. Biz Carson (13 March 2016). "The first words on Wikipedia were a
> nerdy
> >> programmer in-joke". The Business Insider.
> >>

> >> 4. "Wikipedia developing speech engine for users". The Times of India.
> 13
> >> March 2016.
> >>

> >> 5. Himanshi Dhawan (10 March 2016). "MP tells Lok Sabha Wikipedia killed
> >> her, assassinated character".The Times of India.
> >>

> >> 6. Namrata Sahoo (5 March 2016). "A Bot That Gets Wiki Content to Your
> >> Phone". The New Indian Express
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >> Priyanka Tiwari

> > --

> > web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
> > Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.