Dear Indian Community Members,

We take immense pride in letting you know, Wiki Loves Monuments in India
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016_in_India>
would
once again happen in India after a span of 3 years. Earlier this year,
Wikimedia India conducted Wiki Loves Green in India 2016 with over  32,000+
images uploaded for the competition
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Earth_2016_in_India>
by
6,000+ Contributors, a phenomenal response.

Wiki Loves Monuments
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016> is a
global photo competition that takes place generally in September. Wikimedia
India would officially be organising this competition in India.

The aim of the contest is to ask the general public—readers and users of
Wikipedia, photographers, hobbyists, etc.—to take pictures of cultural
heritage monuments and upload them to Wikimedia Commons for use on
Wikipedia and its other sister projects.

We request Indian community to help us make this event a grand success.
Please sign up as volunteers here
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016_in_India>
<
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016_in_India

We look forward to your ideas, suggestions and strategies.

Thanks
--
Srivastava Abhinav
Executive Committee Member|Wikimedia India