Apart from Kiwix, you can check out this wikitaxi. Not sure if it is older
than kiwix.

https://www.yunqa.de/delphi/products/wikitaxi/index

Their facebook page is from 2015. No activity further there.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Naveen Francis <navee...@wikimedia.in>
wrote:

> Hope this link will help.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Offline_
> Wikipedia_for_Indian_Schools#Related_links
>
> Thanks,
> Naveen Francis
> <http://wikibooks.in>
>
> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 1:47 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirisha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> About 10 days back, I along with few people from FOSS community India
>> and Mozilla Community were doing outreach program at GMRT, NCRA
>>
>> http://gmrt.ncra.tifr.res.in/~sciday/sciday/scienceday.htm
>>
>> This is the 4th year that we were able to do it successfully.
>>
>> During the outreach program, every year we get few students, kids who
>> ask us about offline wikipedia .
>>
>> I know and used to cut kiwix when it was young and I could work with
>> 3.4 GB (DVD image) but couple of years back and even today the torrent
>> size has ballooned to 25 GB (light) and 61 GB (full) .
>>
>> IIRC, wasn't there used to be ones for students which was a compiled
>> list readily usable/available with much shorter list ?
>>
>> Has anybody tried out either of these huge databases and can they
>> share if these come with images or not. The earlier ones I remember
>> perfectly did NOT have images .
>>
>> Looking forward to know.
>>
>> --
>>           Regards,
>>           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>>   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
>> EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.