Hi everyone,
First of all, why is everyone else other than the one being questioned
addressing the mail?
As Abhinav said, If this is about voicing our opinions and concerns on a
public mailing list, I’d like to bring something to your notice and seek
your opinions on the same. In 2017, I and Stalinjeet went to Wikimedia
Conference, Berlin. There we had an informal SAARC MEETUP and later we were
all in the Strategy Discussion Team (as team no. 17), we discussed the
issues SAARC Communities are facing and the kind of practices which might
work well for the growth of our communities. Based on the discussions and
inputs from the members from different communities (SAARC as well as global
communities), we prepared a report and proposed the same for presentation
at Wikimania, 2017. The presentation was shortlisted, but as both of us
were not selected for the scholarship, we had to withdraw our submission as
we were not aware of any such funding assistance being offered by CIS-A2K.
This is not a complaint but a question that is this financial assistance
available only for some specific position holders or is open to all the
Wikimedians? and If this assistance is being offered to the Wikimedians,
why there was no formal notice about the same?