From: Wikimediaindia-l <wikimediaindia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org> On Behalf
Of Shrinivasan T
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:14 PM
To: Discussion list on Indian language projects of Wikimedia.
<wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] [OT] Regarding license of a public talk

I have few queries on license of a recording of a public talk.

In YouTube, there are many videos of tamil public talks available. They are on
literature, history, politics and more.

Though the uploaded did not choose the license, who owns the copyright?

The speaker

The Video recorder

The event organizer

The venue owner

The public

I want to make podcasts using those talks. I attend few events and record the
same talk myself as audio.

Now there is no difference between my recording and the one on YouTube.

Now is it OK to upload my audio files to archive.org <http://archive.org>  in a
CC license?

If the license of a public event is any one of public license, shall I rip the
audio from YouTube talks of public events, and release in a CC license?

Share your thoughts.

Thanks.