Hi, folks.

Back when we created the wiki <http://wikimedia.or.ke/> for the future
Wikimedia Kenya, we set Abbas and me as "bureaucrats" (meaning users with
administrative privileges -- among which, the ability to create users in
this closed wiki), just as a starting default.

I have now made those of you who have been active on the wiki in the past
30 days "bureaucrats" on the wiki as well, so that requests for new users
don't need to depend on Abbas and me.  The new bureaucrats are: Oscar
Limoke, Stephen Wanjau, Oliver Stegen (Baba Tabita) and Alex Wafula.

If you feel anyone else needs bureaucrat access, let me know (or ask one of
the new bureaucrats! :)).

However, as Spider-Man's uncle said: "With great power comes great
responsibility" -- so please don't fool around with the many things
bureaucrats can do, to avoid creating unnecessary work.

As a reminder, the way for bureaucrats to create new users for other people
is:

1. Get the new user's e-mail, and let them pick their desired username.
2. Log in to wikimedia.or.ke with your own account
3. Under "Toolbox" in the left sidebar, pick "Special Pages"
4. Click "Log in / Create account"
5. Click the "Create an account" link
6. Type in the user's desired username and e-mail.  DO NOT type in anything
for the password.
7. Click the "by e-mail" button, NOT the "create account" button.

An e-mail will be sent to the new user's address, with a link to complete
the registration.  Then the new user can pick their own password, and the
world is at peace.

P.S. I have created an account for Sarah Osano at her request.  This is as
good an opportunity to ask one of the bureaucrats for an account on the
WMKE wiki, if you don't already have one!  Be sure to specify the username
you want.

Cheers,

   Asaf
--