Hi michael,

this has to be done manually. In general (at least on the projects
where I am active) this only is done for the topic of the article, and
in some cases the topic of the section. (for Wikipedia, Wikibooks uses
different guidelines)

You can bold a word or group of words by placing them between tripple
(single) quotation marks, such as '''bold''' . MediaWiki will
recognize that, and show the words as bold. You can find the most
basic layout summarized in the so-called cheat sheet:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/cheatsheet .

I hope this helps, otherwise, just ask further :)

Best regards,

Lodewijk