On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:14:55 -0700, "Michael Snow"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Guillaume Paumier wrote:
> >> Could this be hosted on meta ?
> >>
> >> Yes, certainly. At least for a while.
> >> But again, the role of that new site would be different from the role of
> >> meta and this might enter in conflict, in particular with regards to the
> >> main page.
> >>

> > In my opinion, meta-wiki already is the wiki of the wikimedia movement
> > / community / <insert your preferred word here> ; it's the wiki where
> > people from various Wikimedia communities, chapters, and foundation
> > all gather.
> >
> > Wikimedia projets tend to have two main pages : one main page for
> > content (e.g. [[Main Page]]) and one main page for the community (e.g.
> > [[Project:Community portal]]). We could use this system on meta to
> > have two landing pages, one for PR and one for internal stuff (just
> > like on other Wikimedia projects).
> >
> This sounds much more like potential progress than shifting things to a
> new wiki. I can see Florence's point about the challenges with Meta's
> main page making it not just a working environment, but a very
> strange-looking one. I think a more public-facing main page and separate
> working portal would be beneficial. I note that while I frequently visit
> Meta (much more than I edit there), I almost never go there through what
> is now the main page. I usually arrive through links to other pages, and
> then navigate to anything else I need to look at. I would almost say
> that its main page, by not knowing which of these purposes it serves, is
> presently failing at both.
>
> --Michael Snow

I have now posted on Meta Babel here
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Babel#Meta_namespaces about this.  I
hope people will contribute to "improving" Meta.

If anyone would forward this to Foundation-l that would be great.
Thanks

--
  Herby
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]