2009/1/3 Al Tally <majorly.w...@googlemail.com>

> 2009/1/3 michael west <michaw...@gmail.com>
>
>> Is the meet up just for editors? - I retired a year ago from editing but
>> still read and use wikipedia. It seems a little extreme to bar non-editors,
>> its a social.

> No, anyone may attend.
>
> --
> Alex
> (User:Majorly)

Thanks for the reply on-wiki Alex. There is certainly nothing bizarre about
wishing to attend after a years absence from editing. I've been a member of
this list for 18months and can't recall any mention of Manchester meetup 2
or 3 ever being advertised on the list. Meetup 2 was mentioned on the GM
project.

Wikipedia is the encyclopedia *anyone *can edit. I have not been barred from
editing and do edit under a wikiname that wouldn't  link me to my past. I'm
not 45 and from AL so attending the meetup in that guise would be far
stranger than a lapsed editor showing an interest. Wikipedia doesn't mandate
its editors to be truthful, do untruths help swing xfds or Rfa's? - I think
thats doubtful - consistant editing and sourcing makes wikipedia good.