>> Note that this is in no way mandatory - other chapters have servers
>> hosted in all sorts of places. Typically the US, which is of course
>> *the* place for cheap noncontroversial hosting :-)
>
> Sure, but the WMF servers seems to best place to get started. Maybe
> once the chapter is a little more established it might be worth
> looking into other options, but a simple wiki on the WMF servers will
> do perfectly well for now.

I agree with Tom here - the WMF servers are the best place for now.
Perhaps after we've been going for a while, we'll be able to buy
toolservers etc., which would then be the obvious place for hosting
the website. But the WMF is the best place for an incubator site for
the fledgling-WMUK-that-just-got-some-wings.

Mike