From: Andrew Turvey <ratur...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: chapt...@wikimedia.ch
Sent: Friday, 16 January, 2009 13:40:04
Subject: Help needed - job spec for Chapter Board members

Hi all,

We're currently organising the first AGM for Wikimedia UK and we're looking at
ways of encouraging people to stand as candidates for the chapter Board.

One bit of feedback that I've had is that people would be more likely to stand
if they had a better idea of what the role required.

Could I ask what the experience of other chapters is on this: what kind of work
do you normally expect from your Board members? How often do you have meetings,
in person and remotely, how long do they last and how much work would an
ordinary Board member or an officer (e.g. Secretary, Chair, Treasurer)
typically do?

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Regards,

 Andrew Turvey
Secretary
Wikimedia UK
Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales,
Registered No. 6741827.
The Registered Office is at 23 Cartwright Way, Nottingham, NG9 1RL, United
Kingdom.