2009/1/17 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>:
> I've just thought - does the board have a list of the trademarks WMF
> has registered in the UK? If not, such a list needs to be provided
> before it makes sense to sign a license to use them. It's possible
> such a list has been provided in private, but as far as I know there
> is no public list available.

It's just been pointed out to me that the chapter agreement template
was changed yesterday, see
http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation&diff=38296&oldid=26645

It seems the chapter agreement is no longer a trademark license, which
leaves me wondering what exactly it is... what is permission to call
oneself Wikimedia UK if not a license to use that trademark? Someone
needs to talk to Mike Godwin and work out what the hell is going on.