I agree but there are others things which need to costed. So far only the venue
has been costed. Ill make a note of your name. More volunteers please :-)

Seddon

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>
Sent: 16 February 2009 18:33
To: wikimediauk-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimediauk-l] Wikimania Budget committee

2009/2/16 joseph seddon <life_is_bitter_sw...@hotmail.co.uk>:
 > With the bid page coming along nicely, I want to get work started on the
 > budget. This is something that needs to be broken down between several
 > people. Because of this I wish to form an informal body to work on this.
 > Little or no experience is needed and all requirements will be provided and
 > for the time being it can be mostly done through the internet. Can those
 > interested please reply here or email me within the next few days?

 Until the WMF gives us some information there, there isn't much we can
 do. There was talk of them organising global sponsorship and us just
 handling local (which makes a lot of sense, I don't know why it hasn't
 always been done that way). We need to know how much they intend to be
 spent on looking after VIPs and whether we need to budget for that or
 leave it for them. We need to know how many people they want to be
 able to sponsor travel/accommodation for and whether we need to budget
 for that. We need to know how fancy they want the VIP party (and the
 unimportant people party) to be and whether we need to budget for
 that. Etc. Etc. Etc. Once we have that information, I'd be happy help.