2009/3/3 AndrewRT <ratur...@yahoo.co.uk>:
> The Board has an action to register with the Charity Commission as
> soon as it's likely that our income will be more than £5,000 - which
> will be as soon were announced as the winning bid for Wikimania 2010 (-
> grin-), or, failing that, when our donations get to that level in I
> guess 1-2 years' time?

Hmm. Frankly, I expect us to clear the £5000 threshold in a matter of
months - there have been lots of expressions of interest over the
years. We on the old Board considered full Charity status to be an
absolute priority, and our failure to achieve it was what led the
Board to close WMUK v.1 down in favour of re-starting.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
jdforres...@wikimedia.org | jdforres...@gmail.com