Fair points, it was late, I was being dozy.

But note they perhaps make Tango's objection to our original proposed
amendment look just as silly as my new proposed amendment now looks.

If the contract's only going to be amended in agreement with WMF, doesn't
that rather suggest it would never be amended to be a blank contract? An
e-mail to Mike Godwin is all it'd take from a member of the community (not
on the board) to make them realise the blatant dirty tricks that were
getting pulled.

If you're not convinced by this, how about a third amendment:

"The board may not itself terminate the Chapters Agreement or amend it in
any way such that Wiki UK Limited looses the right to the trademark
Wikimedia UK."

To reiterate, the reason why we want some flexibility to change it is that
Mike has indicated all agreements will be being harmonised in the future and
there are many other small details which may change over time (termination
procedure, commercial operations, visual guidelines, licenses to "Wikimedia
[Sub-region/country]" etc etc.)

I hope this is more reasonable.

Tom