On Apr 25, 12:15 am, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:

> If we don't get anywhere with HMRC, then we should take this to the
> media - they'll have a field day with this.

I don't think we should contact the media at this stage. HMRC are
entitled to reject any application if they think it's not a charity -
and given the absense of any UK charities doing similar things to
Wikimedia UK it's not completely unreasonable what they've done.
They've found a case whcih supports rejecting the application so
they've done that.

Complaining to the media or to politicians could reflect badly on us
before we've exhausted the avenues for appeal.

Andrew