Hi all,

Given the amount of recent press coverage we have had [1], we would like to
develop some positive "template" messages promoting the Wikimedia projects and
responding to common criticisms. We hope that these can be used to positively
set the agenda for our media coverage rather than having to respond on the back
foot.

At the moment we would like to compile a list of common "scenarios" where these
could be used. I've started a section at [2] to collate these -

The examples I've put in already are:

1 Vandalism - "Wikipedia's useless because it's full of vandalism"
2 Reliability - "Wikipedia is not as reliable as other sources"

We'd like to end up with about 6-10 scenarios - please could you help us with
this by adding your suggestions there or by replying to this message.

Many thanks!

[1] http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Newsletter/June2009#Press_Coverage
[2] http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Media_relations#Media_response

Andrew Turvey
Secretary
Wikimedia UK
Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales,
Registered No. 6741827.
The Registered Office is at 23 Cartwright Way, Nottingham, NG9 1RL, United
Kingdom.