2009/6/25 geni <geni...@gmail.com>:

>> Controversial topic! Wikipedians can't generally agree on how
>> democratic Wikipedia is currently or how democratic it should be in
>> the future. Doing justice to the topic will probably take longer than
>> the couple of minutes I expect he's after. Personally, I wouldn't want
>> to step on that particular ants nest without doing justice to it, so
>> I'm afraid I will decline.
>
> Might be worth emailing him to point out that per policy wikipedia is
> not a democracy and see if he realises what he is getting into.

Yes, I agree. We should let him know that the answer isn't going to be
anything simple.

(If anyone is interested in this topic, there is a discussion on the
future governance of Wikipedia going on here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Giano/The_future

The discussion is focuses around deciding if we need to have a more
formal discussion about the issues. [Don't be frightened away by the
fact that it is in Giano's userspace, it's being held with an amazing
amount of maturity and courtesy by all parties.])