Earlier this year, the Victoria & Albert Museum and Wikimedia UK took part in
“Wikipedia Loves Art”, a free content photography contest.

We had over 30 people attend the Victoria and Albert event, and over 460
photographs submitted to Flickr. Globally, more than 50 teams from fourteen
museums submitted over 5,000 photographs, with London submitting the second
highest number of photographs from any location.

All of these photographs have now been assessed and processed and are now being
prepared for upload to Wikimedia Commons and use on Wikipedia. We can now
announce the winners from the V&A, as follows:

Team (members) – Points

1 st place: vavaval - Val_McG and dj_photo – 142 points
2 nd place: opalartseekers4 - Forever Wiser – 88 points
3 rd place: ukfgr - the wee pixie and mrsraggle – 82 points
4 th place: veronikab – 75 points

Vavaval win a large print of one of their photos on soft textured fine art
paper, courtesy of Robbies Photographers, plus two tickets to a V&A exhibition
of their choice.

The four winners also win a pack from moo.com comprising 50 Business Cards and
20 Postcards featuring photographs of their choice.

We are contacting the winners individually with details of how to claim their
prizes.

The Digital Team at the V&A and Wikimedia UK really appreciate the effort that
all the teams made to photograph so many objects as well as the time they spent
uploading their work.

Thank you for your patience with us whilst we have processed these photographs,
and we hope you enjoyed participating in this event. If you have any comments
about this event or how it could be improved in the future, please let us know.

Regards,

--

Andrew Turvey
Secretary