Hi all,

WMUK _might_ be able to provide limited travel funds for someone to
attend this seminar. Is anyone interested?

In general, I've been wondering whether it would be worthwhile for
WMUK to generally offer limited amounts of travel funds for Wikimedia-
related activities, such as attending appropriate seminars/
conferences or to carry out research somewhere et cetera. A typical
maximum could be something like £20, but with special cases allowed.
The catches would be that the recipient would have to first give good
reasons in order to get the funding, and then give a report back
afterwards. Depending on the event, the report could be to the board,
on wiki, on the mailing list, in the newsletter, in the form of a
blog post or some combination of the above.

Depending on the activity, we could then provide the money out of
either the WMF grant or out of general funds. Typically recipients
would probably have to be WMUK members, but exceptions might be
allowed in exceptional cases. It's then an additional incentive to
become a member.

What do you all think to this? Note that no board decision has been
made on this yet - it will probably be discussed at the next board
meeting.

Mike