2010/1/7 Steve Virgin <st...@mediafocusuk.com>:
> As a Board member I personally believe we should be attempting to promote
> our Schools Project here and that should sit at the heart of any release.

I don't disagree that this is an opportunity to mention our project,
but I don't think it should be the heart of the release. Our PR work
should be more than just about promoting our own stuff. It should also
be a way of directly promoting and educating people about the
Wikimedia projects and the concept of free content. We should be
issuing press releases about subjects relevant to Wikimedia even if
they have nothing to do with anything Wikimedia UK is doing.