Hi Gordo,

It was good to meet you today - even sans hat. ;-)

> Today I have uploaded two couplets to to the wiki:
>
> http://britainloveswikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> The pair first via a mobile phone and the second pair at home.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/loopzilla/4319060815/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/loopzilla/4319084491/

I hope that's the first of many. ;-)

> I question why we cannot have a login on the wiki for the purposes of
> upload (I am sure is possible to lock down pages as required).

The upload system is completely separate from the wiki at the moment;
it's a custom set of webpages. That's how it can be used to upload
two files at once and add in the appropriate information, without
doing any logging in. It also means that the museums can double-check
things before they go out to the public.

It would be possible to lock down pages and open up the wiki for
editing, but I haven't managed to think up a reason why anyone would
want/need to edit it yet outside of the few pages it hosts at the
moment...

> And what does "Enter competition" mean? To me, that would be "register
> for the event", and then would upload images.

"Enter your photographs into the competition" would be a more
accurate phrase, but is rather long for the sidebar. ;-) You don't
need to register for the event, you just enter photographs directly.
The aim was to keep things as easy as possible.

Thanks,
Mike