It's useful - and engenders goodwill - to have things to give away at
events; especially button badges and stickers (geeks love stickers,
for their laptops). It's also useful to have a few, slightly more
valuable items, which can be given away in limited quantities, as spot
prizes.

I like the idea of badges/ stickers with phrases like "citation
needed", etc. and perhaps also "{{fact}}".

Please note, though, that my suggestion was for badges with the
QRpedia code for the article on QRpedia;  not a generic code for the
one on QR codes in general.

On 12 September 2011 15:41, Richard Symonds
<richard.symo...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
> All,
>

> I’m looking into replenishing the chapter’s supplies of merchandise, but
> rather than the standard fare of key rings and stress balls, I’m wondering
> if there’s any interesting requests people have. Obviously, we’re
> constrained by cost, but if you’ve got any ideas, I’d love to hear them.
> Some suggestions that have already been made –
>

> ·         Badges printed with the QR code for the Wikipedia page on QR Codes
>
> ·         Wikipedia logo-shaped cookie-cutters
>
> ·         Merchandise printed with Wikipedia memes such as [citation
> needed], [edit], or maybe phrases like “Wiki Loves Museums” or “I Write
> Wikipedia”
>
> ·         Business card-size cards with DYKs printed on them
>

> We’re looking for things that’ll be easily understandable by the general
> public – something that would make the average person want to edit. That
> said, feel free to make any suggestions, even if you think they might be
> unworkable – they might be usable in future campaigns or as part of a bigger
> project.
>

> All the best,
>

> Richard

> Richard Symonds