Chris,

I assume Fae has mentioned to you that the National Archives of Scotland
might be interested in doing something around soldiers' wills?

As-opposed to a more formal "last will and testament", these documents
are a final letter to loved once to be delivered if they were killed.
Along with each, their CO would have returned personal effects which
might include items like ticket stubs for a theatre show seen the night
before they went to the front.

How, and where in the family, this could work with Wikimedia projects is
what I'm not entirely sure on.

Brian McNeil.
--
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil - Accredited Reporter.
Facts don't cease to be facts, but news ceases to be news.