On 18 May 2012 12:12, Charles Matthews <charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 18 May 2012 08:59, Gordon Joly <gordon.j...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>. But my question is what is the granularity
>> of articles? Some places, buildings, streets are merged and some stand on
>> their own. Some are deleted since they do not meet the current standards for
>> "significance".
>
> But that's how it works. Because people get het up in discussions, it
> tends to be forgotten that a deletion is only supposed to have effect
> for 6 months.

A deletion has effect for as long as concensus remains the same. There
are some vague guidelines on how long to wait between deletion
debates, but if there is a good reason to think consensus will have
changed (eg. due to new sources being published), then I'm not aware
of any rules saying you have to wait 6 months before you can re-create
the article.