Am thrilled to see that WMUK is recognising its non-board member-volunteers
in a tangible way!

(I've got business cards from WMHK for a while now and some of you have
seen them - for a long time I thought giving regular volunteers official
business cards isn't common practice in this country... maybe it still
isn't)

Deryck
On Jun 21, 2012 5:25 PM, "Richard Symonds" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm currently organising business cards for interested (and active!)
> volunteers. If you're interested, please let me know *privately
> (off-list) *within the next day or two. I need to get these cards sorted
> out ASAP - if you're interested I'll need your username, your phone number
> (if you want it on there), an email address (if you want one on there) and
> anything else you think relevant. It'd also be nice to know what you'd
> consider yourself as (eg "GLAM Volunteer"). I might need to tweak these
> titles a little, but not too much.
>
> I'll also need a brief explanation of why it's important for you to have
> them - nothing big, just a sentence or two, something like "I do a lot of
> GLAM Outreach with museums in the York area, and would like the cards to
> appear more professional when doing projects" or "I speak fluent Cornish
> and would like to be able to approach Cornish organisations in a
> semi-official basis".
>
> The cards will comply with WMF Visual Identity guidelines, will be
> professional-looking, will be funded by WMUK. We'll keep track of who has
> them in the office - which means you'll need to be a chapter member, or at
> the very least well-known to the chapter. They won't confer any "official
> status" on you, and you won't be able to sign agreements or similar on
> behalf of the chapter (obviously), but they will help you make those first
> vital inroads when talking to people from GLAMs.
>
> I can think of 5 or 6 volunteers off the top of my head who could make
> good use of them. Let me know ASAP. *I can't promise that we'll give them
> out *to *everyone*, as I need board approval, *and *there needs to be a
> good business case for it, but I think the majority of the board and staff
> believe that active chapter members should be able to get support like this
> without too much hassle.
>
> All the best,
>
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992
> Disclaimer viewable at
> http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Email_disclaimer
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia UK mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
> WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org
>
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org

Reply via email to