In preparation for our 2014 bid, I think we should start thinking
about what we can do in Hong Kong in 2013. We'll know by then whether
our bid has been successful, but I think we should plan to take
advantage of Wikimania 2013 either way. If you look at other big
international events (eg. the Olympics) you'll see that it is common
for delegations to organise their own side-events to take advantage of
everyone being together. These events can help showcase your
organisation and be excellent networking opportunities both with other
delegations and locals. Wikimania tends not to see much like this
going on, and I think WMUK should start changing that. I've created a
page for us to brainstorms how to do that:

http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2014/2013_activities

I have also put a proposal on there to start us off and would welcome
anyone's comments on it.

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
WMUK: http://uk.wikimedia.org

Reply via email to