Is hiring new staff really wise when there is still so much uncertainty
surrounding the chapter? Are you that confident that the FDC is going to
approve the budget for new staff, given the lack of confidence the WMF has
in the chapter?

Hiring additional admin support is going to be an essential part of getting
the chapter back on a stable footing, but you need to know you have funding
before you can hire someone...