"
On 15 May 2014 21:23, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:

> It's also worth reading through the emails in the board and office list
> archives about this issue for additional context.

How?

> In particular, there was an issue with volunteers unexpectedly being given
> cards that gave them named positions rather than clearly saying they were
> volunteers,

This was not "unexpected"; we were solicited (on a public mailing list
subscribed to, one would hope, by most if not all of the staff and
trustees of the time) for the titles we wished to have used, supplied
them, and then received cards bearing them.

> which gave rise to the question of whether WMUK was legally responsible for
> the actions of those handing out the cards.

Is this the "technical issue" referred to in 2012?

> My understanding is that this issue can be surmounted by careful wording on
> the cards, but this topic should be carefully considered (probably by the
> board given the history here) before more such cards are produced.

It should indeed; if the wording (disclaimer) is too "scary", the
cards will be useless.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing