Hi all,

during the creation of a calendar of the most impressive photos from
Wiki Loves Monuments UK 2014 (and several other countries) I learned
about re-use:

* "Wiki Loves Monuments" is not a registered trademark - the publisher
was very afraid of violating a trademark
* photos without description nearly useless ("Church" is not an adequate
description)
* low resolution is a common problem
* in the publishing industry nobody knows about Creative Commons
licenses ("Is CC-BY-SA-3.0 the artist's name?")
* landscape mode beats upright mode

I still working on
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2014_winners to
add descriptions, the photographers name and the licenses - any help is
welcome.

Here are the amazon links of the UK calendars:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monuments-United-Kingdom-Calendar-Landscape/dp/1325047880/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418373266&sr=8-1&keywords=9781325047888
http://www.amazon.de/Monuments-United-Kingdom-Calendar-Landscape/dp/1325047899/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1418373063&sr=8-4&keywords=monuments+of+the+united+kingdom

Overview of all 2015 calendars:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Sebastian_Wallroth/Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2014_Calendars

Kind regards,
Sebastian

PGP Key: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Sebastian_Wallroth/PGP

Am 04.12.2014 um 11:13 schrieb Fabian Tompsett:
> Hi all,
>
> We shall be having a Wiki Loves Monuments and community Xmas party
2014 in the basement at Development House on Thursday 18th December from
5pm to 8pm.

> Please bring a bottle to add to the festivities.
>
> It would be great to see you there.
>

> all the best
>
> Fabian Tompsett,
> Volunteer Support Organiser,
> Wikimedia UK,
> Address: 56-64 Leonard St,
> Shoreditch,
> London EC2A 4LT
> Phone:020 7065 0990
> *Mobile: *07840 455 746
>

> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).