Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the results of the wikimeet survey that ran late last
year. The summary and full details are now on Meta at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/UK_Wikimeet_survey_2015

The key results from the survey that should affect future wikimeets are:
- Organising wikimeets in South East England should be a priority (We are
assuming that when people selected this, they meant official South East England
region, which does not include London, since that was a separate option)
- There should be more local wikimeets: ideally they should be no more than
about 30 minutes away from a number of Wikimedians, who should only have to pay
£5-£10 to get to the wikimeet by public transportation.
- The best times for a wikimeet are on Saturday or Sunday afternoons,
preferably in a museum/cultural institute or a cafe rather than a pub.
- Better notifications should be sent around about upcoming wikimeets, ideally
through email, user talk pages and watchlists, on a regional or UK-wide basis
about a month in advance of the wikimeet.
- There are a number of people who would potentially be willing to organise a
local wikimeet, but most need more information about this, and others need
assistance. WMUK should follow up with those that are willing to organise
wikimeets to offer them any support/assistance that they need.

Please post any comments on the talk page for the results. Hopefully we can try
implementing some of the suggested changes to wikimeets and the way that
wikimeet notifications are circulated in the near future!

Thanks,
Mike