Dear all,

The rich story of the History of Medicine is not nearly covered on Wikipedia -
Join us at Surgeons' Hall Museum, Edinburgh to remedy that.

Places are filling up for our History of Medicine Wikipedia
event<tinyurl.com/histmed3> on the afternoons of Thursday 23rd & Friday 24th
February but it's not too late to book a place.

Join us to celebrate the lives & contributions of women in medicine, over sixty
years of Nursing Studies & seventy-five years of the Polish School of Medicine.
Unravel myths, discover truths, create & re-write the Wikipedia pages of
Scotland’s famous, and infamous, medical figures including gruesome
body-snatcher William Burke and intriguing alumni Dr. James Miranda Barry. Come
join us for all the fun and gain digital skills, learn how to edit Wikipedia,
explore our history and harness the power of the web for public engagement.

With a variety of excellent guest speakers each day, an end of day tour of the
Surgeons’ Hall museum after closing time and plenty of refreshments to support
you to improve Wikipedia’s coverage of medicine-related content, you’ll learn
how to edit and participate in an open knowledge community.

Participants can attend one day or both and will be supported to develop
articles of their choice related to the history of medicine. NB: Please bring a
laptop along to the event or email me at ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk if you require
to borrow one for the event.

Hope to see you there!

Very best regards,

Ewan

Ewan McAndrew
Wikimedian in Residence

Tel: 07719 330076
Email: ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk
My working hours are 10.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Wikipedia Project Page for the residency:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:University_of_Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh, Floor H (West), Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson
Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR.
www.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.