Dear colleagues,

The first ‘Celtic Knot’ – Wikipedia Language
Conference<http://thinking.is.ed.ac.uk/wir/2017/02/17/save-the-date-celtic-knot-conference-at-edinburgh-university-5-6-july/>
 will take place 5 & 6 July 2017 at the University of Edinburgh in
collaboration with Wikimedia UK. Please save the date.

The event will focus on Celtic Languages and Indigenous Languages, showcasing
innovative approaches to open education, open knowledge and open data that
support and grow language communities.

“If you want to know what’s important to a culture, learn their language.”
Joanne Harris
The call for ideas closes on  10th March 2017. Our vision is for diverse
participants working in Celtic and Indigenous languages ranging from
Wikimedians, educators, researchers, information professionals, linguists,
translators, learning technologists and more coming together to share good
practice and find fruitful new collaborations to support language communities
as a result of the event.

At this time we are asking people to save the date, and suggest ideas (no
longer than 100 words); showcasing the best of your work and linking in with
your ideas & suggestions for speakers and  sessions. All presentations and
discussions are encouraged to be as engaging and interactive as possible and
facilitate learning and sharing by the attendees.

To find out more about the conference themes visit and the format of sessions
please visit the Celtic
Knot<http://thinking.is.ed.ac.uk/wir/2017/02/17/save-the-date-celtic-knot-conference-at-edinburgh-university-5-6-july/>
 page. Email your session proposal to
ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk> indicating the session
type by no later than Friday 10th March.

Please feel free to forward this event to interested colleagues in your
network. If you would like to more then please contact me direct at
ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk>
Very best regards,

Ewan

Ewan McAndrew
Wikimedian in Residence

Tel: 07719 330076
Email: ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk
My working hours are 10.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Wikipedia Project Page for the residency:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:University_of_Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh, Floor H (West), Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson
Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR.
www.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.