Hi John,

Sorry, but I have neither the time nor the knowledge to write on OA uni publishing, not even just for the humanities side.

But as a sidenote, there are more and more UK academic / university publishers going full OA, such as the Open Library of Humanities:
https://about.openlibhums.org/
And UCL Press:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press/about

I have heard that Sussex may be doing something similar too.

University OA scientific publishing is another kettle of fish altogether, and far more advanced than for us poor hums students.

Best,

John