Hi Harry,

If you are still thinking about it, it would be neat to cover any
experiences you have had in use of the projects for mapping,
successful or not. I play around with OSM, and have remained impressed
at how nicely the editing tools work there. At the 'meta' level we
have a big gap between the idea of navigating or discovering by place
and what Commons/Wikidata/Wikipedia can provide using integrated
methods.

Three to four years ago the UK chapter was encouraging projects around
geomapping, but the only place I have noticed innovation recently was
last year by Commons enthusiasts on better tools for individual maps;
though there's been a lot of discussion (and investment) within
Wikidata I have not followed.

Thanks,
Fae