I really enjoyed the November RecordDNA session. It was my first time
in Westminster Hall, and I had the opportunity to ask Nick
Thomas-Symonds MP, Co-Chair of the All Parliamentary Archives Group,
whether he thought that records custody technology was capable of
keeping his personal and medical information sufficiently intact if he
were to by cryonically supercooled and vitrified in preparation for
allowing interstellar colonization efforts to select colonists from
our generation. His response was encouraging.

On less speculative notes, I was also able to recommend CC-BY as the
appropriate default license for public sector and individually
published works of authorship, how to work those licenses with
authors' rights to exploit their popular work, and how to work them
with the right to be forgotten.

I obtained some vocal agreement with, and no dissenting views
expressed out loud against, the idea that compulsory royalties should
be distributed in an incidence countering the greater income
inequality brought about by the consolidation arising from mass
consumer copying technologies. In the 1970s there were about three
times as many professional musicians, artists, mass market authors,
but modern compulsory royalties schemes which do not always distribute
those royalties in ways that make up for publisher consolidation and
mass consumer copying responsible for the decline.

There are some blog posts here:

https://recorddna.wordpress.com/2017/12/08/engaging-event-in-westminster-30-nov-2017/

https://recorddna.wordpress.com/2017/12/15/nick-thomas-symonds-mp-speech-at-westminster-event/

I understand they will be summarizing all participant comments and
their proposed dispositions of them some time soon on that blog.

Best regards,
Jim