Hello Wikimedians,

I'm currently testing out a new type of video which I hope will be more
shareable online. I watch a lot of short history explainers, and a lot of
these get a good number of views on YouTube. Neither our YouTube channel or
the WMF one seem to get many hits for their videos, and I think that this
is probably because people just don't search for keywords like Wikipedia,
Wikimedia or other terms directly related to our projects. So what I tried
to do is make a short history of how women artists have been viewed and
treated throughout history that tries to cover as much ground as possible
within a short time, with a short note at the end that explains what
Wikimedia groups are doing to make Wikipedia better represent women online.
Please share the video on social media if you feel like, and let me know if
you have any feedback or if you have ideas for videos that could help
people to become aware of our projects and get involved in them.

Here it is <https://youtu.be/MuGER3tp6G4>.

All the best,

John Lubbock

Communications Coordinator

Wikimedia UK

+44 (0) 203 372 0767

Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Office 1,
Ground Floor, Europoint, 5 - 11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ.

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects). *Wikimedia UK is an independent
non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility
for its contents.*