Would it be worth Wikimedia UK's while to put out a blog post talking about
quality control processes (ad-hoc as they are) on Wikipedia? Not so much as
a direct reply -  both because these articles look like they're just
filling empty column inches, and because we obviously can't prove a
negative (that "Russian trolls" *aren't* running amok on political
articles). Rather as a timely reminder of what Wikipedia is about and how
the 'wisdom of the crowd' makes it quite difficult to grossly distort its
content. I could say something about what admins do, though there I'm sure
there are people who spend more time on politicians' biographies than I do.

Harry Mitchell
http://enwp.org/User:HJ
+44 (0) 7507 536 971
Skype: harry_j_mitchell