Thanks Jonathan, Roger and David (and anyone else who has responded on
this, apologies if I've forgotten you!) Womanthology have been in touch
with the office again today and I am going to be responding to some of
their questions from an organisational perspective - however I'm sure input
from volunteers and/or residents (of either gender!) would be very welcome
:) All best, Lucy

On 12 March 2018 at 11:56, WereSpielChequers <werespielchequ...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was one of the helpers at Alice's women in red event at Imperial last
> week. I'll drop her a note. I'm sure she and I suspect the lady from
> Imperial would be happy to talk to Womanthology.
>
> Regards
>
> WereSpielChequers
>

> On 11 Mar 2018, at 14:49, Richard Nevell <richard.a.j.nev...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I think this would be a good opportunity for one of Wikimedia UK's female
> volunteers to talk about their work.
>
> On 11 Mar 2018 13:00, "Roger Bamkin" <victuall...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
> I started Women in Red which moved the needle from 14% to 17.49%. She can
> see the twitter page at #wikiwomeninred and there is a women in red
> Wikipedia page. We can also talk about the work we hsave done with United
> Nations, Unesco, cambridge uni, wikimedia uk, ng, fr, ca, etc and the BBC.
>
> Happy for you to give her my details.
>
> regards
>
> Roger
>
> On 11 March 2018 at 12:40, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Got a call on Friday from Fiona Tatton from Womanthology. She was
>> interested in talking to someone who's worked on improving
>> representation of women in Wikipedia, and editing Wikipedia.
>>
>> Coverage is basically talking to individuals about what they do.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure this'll be a positive for our work ...
>>
>> Best method: look at the site, if you'd like to be there then go to
>> the contact form.
>>
>> (She left a phone message with Lucy, but I said I'd forward something
>> here too.)
>>

>> - d.
>>

>> ====
>> Great speaking to you just now. Thank you for your time.  As
>> discussed, I work on Womanthology, a digital magazine that champions
>> positive female role models and challenges the stereotypes of what it
>> means to be a ‘successful’ woman today. Please have a look:
>>
>> www.womanthology.co.uk
>>
>> I’m working on a Women of History issue - I’m interested in
>> representation of historical female figures and the way editathons are
>> being used to highlight the achievements of women who have been
>> previously overlooked.
>> ====

> --
> Roger Bamkin
> *0771 9790901*
> 01332 702993
> Google+:Victuallers
> Skype:Victuallers1
> Flickr:Victuallers2

Lucy Crompton-Reid
Chief Executive
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 203 372 0762

*Wikimedia UK* is the national chapter for the global Wikimedia open
knowledge movement, and a registered charity. We rely on donations from
individuals to support our work to make knowledge open for all. Have you
considered supporting Wikimedia? https://donate.wikimedia.org.uk
Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered
No. 6741827
Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office Ground Floor, Europoint, 5 - 11 Lavington Street, London
SE1 0NZ

The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects). Wikimedia UK is an independent
non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility
for its contents.