Dear Fae,

My memory could be failing me, but I thought it was explained at the AGM
that the increase was a result of asking donors to become members.

It sounds like you are more interested in the 'how' of the process and the
'who' as you seem dissatisfied with the answer to *why* there was an
increase. To make sure we're on the same page is that what you meant?

Regards,
Richard Nevell

PS. Have you had a chance to look into the issue on Commons with the
conflicting licence for some images from the Portable Antiquities Scheme?
My question was archived before a reply.