>I was under the impression that this data was already being stored
somewhere in temporary tables by Wikimetrics when generating project-level
reports
The data is not being stored anywhere at this time, we just query a table
for users that match a criteria.

>this is quite similar to one of the earliest feature requests that we had
for UserMetrics (the predecessor of Wikimetrics) under the notion of
“generated cohorts”:
>1) take the non-aggregate output of a report (say all registered users or
new active editors from *foowiki *in a given time period)
>2) save the output as a cohort
>3) re-run that cohort through a different metric

I see. At this time in wikimetrics we have no way to store & reuse
intermediate results of metrics in other metrics. Which, if you notice, is
a performance concern as we recompute stuff. We have talked about doing
this in the past (we called it chaining metrics) and we have some backlog
items to this extent. You can talk to kevin about this use case (which is
slightly different than the original one you described) and he can add it
to the backlog.