Hi,

 It is true that there is no proper guideline for the selection of Media of
the day files (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Media_of_the_day),
to be displayed in the main page, or if there is any, I couldn't find it.
The nomination is supposed to happen in
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Media_of_the_day , but
looks like the nominations are scanty and irregular along with the reviews.
Looking at the history section, I assume that if a user takes interest in
MOTD and find videos from Commons and enlist them in the MOTD page, then
its selected by default. May be I am wrong.

On 15 October 2016 at 14:05, Jayanta Nath <jayanta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is not a right place to discuss about this matter.
>
> You may start discuss here https://commons.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/Commons_talk:Media_of_the_day

I agree, this needs to be discussed in Commons Village pump (
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Village_pump) where more Commons
users can participate about implementation of proper review process.

Regards
--
Bodhisattwa