---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jayanta Nath <jayanta...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022, 10:29 am
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022 postponed
To: Wikimedia India <wikimediaindi...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hello,
We want to give you an update related to Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022.
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022 (or WMWM2022) was to be conducted on 18 to 20
February 2022, and is postponed now.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Wikimeet_India_2022
Currently we are seeing a new wave of the pandemic that is affecting many
people around. Although WMWM is an online event, it has multiple
preparation components such as submission, registration, RfC etc which
require community involvements.
We feel this may not be the best time for extensive community engagement.
We have also received similar requests from Wikimedians around us.
Following this observation, please note that we are postponing the event,
and the new dates will be informed on the mailing list and on the event
page.
Although the main WMWM is postponed, we may conduct a couple of brief
calls/meets (similar to Stay Safe Stay Connected call) on the mentioned
date, if things go well.
We'll also get back to you about updates related to WMWM once the situation
is better.

Stay safe,

Jayanta Nath
on behalf of WMWM