FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Cornelius Kibelka <cornelius.kibe...@wikimedia.de>
Date: Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 7:31 PM
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Summit 2019: Registration now open
WikimediaAnnounce-l <wikimediaannounc...@lists.wikimedia.org>
Cc: <wmsum...@wikimedia.de>

Dear Wikimedians,

We are delighted to announce that the registration for the Wikimedia Summit
2019 [1], which will be held in Berlin at Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof
Airport [2] from Friday, March 29, through Sunday, March 31, is now open!

As we have announced previously, the main focus of this redesigned event
will be the Movement Strategy Process. We invite affiliates, the Wikimedia
Foundation, its committees and Movement Strategy Working Group members to
check-in, have a look back and plan the next steps of the process together.

We would like to provide you with important information regarding the
eligibility for participation, participant number regulation, registration
procedure, specifics in regards to the travel and hotel booking as well as
the visa application process.

== Eligibility criteria and participant number regulation ==

The eligibility criteria for participating in the Wikimedia Summit 2019 are
aligned to the Affiliates’ Agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation.
Chapters, Thematic Organizations and User Groups must have shown signs of
recent activity and be up-to-date on their reporting [3] by the eligibility
deadline (December 1, 2018). Moreover, affiliations need to have been
officially recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation before January 1, 2018.
Before registering for the Wikimedia Summit, please check the eligibility
and status overview of your affiliate as well as the participant number
regulation on meta [4].

==Registration information==

To make the summit a success, it will be essential for the invited
affiliates to deliberately choose their delegates. Affiliates are asked to
send delegates that are well-informed in goings-on at the affiliate and
able to confidently answer questions about it. We have shared specific
registration advices and information regarding this [5].

We are looking forward to also welcoming members of the Wikimedia
Foundation Board of Trustees and staff, the Funds Dissemination Committee,
Simple APG committee as well as the Affiliations Committee in Berlin. We
see a huge advantage in having their representatives participate on site.

Also, the Core Team has invited Working Group members from the Movement
Strategy Working Groups.

All representatives need to register via the registration form [5]. The
registration deadline is Monday at midnight CET, December 17, 2018. Please
note that we won’t be able to accept and process registrations after this
deadline.

==Hotel and travel booking==

Depending on your group belonging the booking process varies. Therefore,
please double-check on meta [4] to which group you belong to and have the
group-specific travel and hotel booking information [6] in mind.

==Visa information==

Please visit the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs in Berlin [7]
to find out whether you need a visa for travelling to Germany. In case you
are in need of a visa, we advise you to register until November 19, 2018,
so that WMDE can assist you with the application process and send you the
required visa documents sufficiently in advance. All relevant information
and necessary steps to undertake are also described on meta [8].

Wikimedia Deutschland is looking forward to welcoming you in Berlin in
April!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us any time via wmsum...@wikimedia.de
should you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Michelle & Cornelius

For the Wikimedia Summit Organizing Team

Wikimedia Deutschland

wmsum...@wikimedia.de

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019

[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Venue_and_Hotel

[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reports

[4]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Eligibility_Criteria

[5]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Registration_Information

[6]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Travel_and_Hotel_Booking_Information

[7] http://wmde.org/germanyvisa
[8]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Visa_Process_and_Assistance

--
Cornelius Kibelka
Internationale Beziehungen | International Relations

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207