Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:42:57 +0100, Alex Brollo <alex.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I took al fast look to Help:Djvu pages (with different names into
> different
> projects) in Commons:, en.source, fr.source; I found interesting
> suggestions
> about djvu files but I didn't find a detailed help about djvu text layer,
> nor about its manipulation. So, I imagine that such a page could be
> really
> written by scratch to share needed details. Where? What are your
> suggestions
> for its name? I found that wikisource.org has a poor setting of help
> pages;
> I presume that not so many users browse it; is perhaps Commons the best
> project to collect scripts, tricks, ideas?
I would say wikisource.org since DjVu are mainly used on WS (there are a
few DjVuS outside WS but not many many, perhaps inside institutions). If
you are interested by the DjVu, you can browse
<http://www.djvu.org/resources/>, but DjVu specifications are quite
unreadable. Briefly, there are many layers, whose text is one layer, there
are also annotation layers, many layers for the image, etc. DjVu is really
powerful but really badly documented. So if you write some documentation
 from scratch, it will be quite the first documentation readable (I thought
some time ago write a wikibook about DjVuS but didn't done it).

Sébastien