TL;DR: please migrate to https://tools.wmflabs.org/wsexport/tool/book.php that
uses ePub 3 by default and supports PDF.

Hi everyone,

As a lot of you already knows, there is a new version of Wsexport running on
Wikimedia tools labs that support PDF [1].

It is up and running since last May and I believe it is now time to migrate our
on-wiki links to it and deprecate http://wsexport.wmflabs.org. So, please,
update the links to Wsexport in the templates and JS scripts of your wiki.

I have also made one big change to the tools.wmflabs.org version: switch the
default ePub format from ePub 2 to ePub 3. This change will allow us to provide
better ePubs by default, with nice features like footnotes displayed in popups
(works only with some readers like iBooks).
I believe it should not break most of reading devices but this is an assumption
that should be verified. So, if you could download your favorite books in ePub
3 and test them on your good old ereaders it would be very nice in order to
don't break the reading experience of our readers. If you encounter any
problem, please open a bug on GitHub [2].

Cheers,

Thomas (Tpt)

PS : I have also updated the stat page of the tools.wmflabs.org instance:
https://tools.wmflabs.org/wsexport/tool/stat.php

[1] https://tools.wmflabs.org/wsexport/tool/book.php
[2] https://github.com/wsexport/tool/issues