I discussed this at the Dutch wiki conference yesterday. If we really want to
move in the direction of hosting PD works that are and can be quoted in WP
articles, then we will need items per page, which in turn can imply paintings,
engravings, or photos per page. This could drastically improve the wikisource
reading experience while also enabling full support for “citation needed” where
PD citations are available for the topic. we need a “.djvu on the fly” function
for special books uploaded and curated on Commons and Wikidata. E.g. Book of
hours, book of Maps, emblem books, bibles

Sent from my iPhone