On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Brion Vibber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Aryeh Gregor wrote:
>> They wouldn't have to click through if it was signed, would they?
>
> Yes they would.
>
> If that wasn't the case, then any web site you visited could read all
> your files without notifying you simply by signing their malware applet.

I don't know anything about Java signing; I was relying on (my
possibly incorrect reading of) what Greg Maxwell has said in this
thread.  I was assuming there was some kind of PKI being used here, as
with HTTPS, so that "trusted" applets would silently run with more
permissions.  If not, then never mind what I said above.