On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 17:00, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:53 AM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I understand the problem with stats before was that the stats server
>> would melt under the load. Leon's old wikistats page sampled 1:1000.
>> The current stats (on dammit.lt and served up nicely on
>> http://stats.grok.se) are every hit, but I understand (Domas?) that it
>> was quite a bit of work to get the firehose of data in such a form as
>> not to melt the receiving server trying to process it.
>>
>> OK, then the problem becomes: how to set up something like
>> stats.grok.se feasibly internally for all the other data gathered from
>> a hit? (Modulo stuff that needs to be blanked per privacy policy.)
>
> What exactly are people looking for that isn't available from
> stats.grok.se that isn't a privacy concern?
>
> I had assumed that people kept installing these bugs because they
> wanted source network break downs per-article and other clear privacy
> violations.

On top of views/page
I'd be interested in keywords used, entry&exit points, path analysis
when people are editing (do they save/leave/try to find help/...)
#edit starts, #submitted edits that don't get saved.

henna

--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"