2009/8/14 Brion Vibber <br...@wikimedia.org>:
>>  On my production wiki I have phase3/ checked out in
>> /var/www/w, and some extensions individually checked out in
>> subdirectories of /var/www/w/extensions.  When I do svn up in
>> /var/www/w, that doesn't update the other repositories in extensions/;
>> I have to do "svn up . extensions/*" instead.  Does commit work
>> differently, or am I misunderstanding?
>
> svn up works just fine for this too in my experience. Perhaps your
> 'extensions' dir isn't SVN-managed for some reason, or something?

The reason this is happening is that Brion did

rm -rf extensions/
svn co svn+ssh://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/trunk/mediawiki/extensions

whereas Aryeh (and I too, FTM) did
cd extensions/
svn co svn+ssh://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/trunk/mediawiki/extensions/Foo
svn co svn+ssh://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/trunk/mediawiki/extensions/Bar

In the latter case, you don't get all extensions, but svn commands on
phase3 don't affect extensions.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)